Sales, Payment and Refund Policy
This payment and refund policy applies to www.floorsdirectaustralia.com.au (herein referred to as "Floors Direct Australia") and websites owned by Floors Direct Australia Online.
Our payment and refund policy has been devised to define the situations under which Floors Direct Australia will accept payments, provide a refund, the procedure for claiming a refund, and in what circumstances a refund is issued.
By purchasing any of our products, you are declaring that you accept and agree to all the terms and conditions outlined in this sale, payment and refund policy.
Note: all pricing on Floors Direct Australia is in Australian dollars and is inclusive of GST.
1. Payment Models
We offer two different payment models:
- On-Site: When a client wishes to purchase products directly on the Floors Direct Australia website, goods must be paid for in full at the time of purchase. This is completed by using one of our online payment processors, Stripe or PayPal (see below for more details).
- Off-Site: Clients that contact us for an individual quote can pay via any of the methods below. Payment must be paid in full before we arrange for shipment of the products.
2. Payment Methods
We offer the following payment methods to all our clients:
- Direct Debit Payment: Floors Direct Australia will issue an invoice and the client agrees to transfer the agreed funds via direct debit to our nominated bank account on the invoice.
- Credit Card Payment: Clients have the opportunity to pay via Visa, Mastercard or American Express using the Stripe platform. This can be done online on our website, or through a dedicated link sent to clients through individual invoices.
- PayPal Payment: Clients have the opportunity to pay via PayPal. This can be done online on our website, or through a dedicated link sent to clients through individual invoices. The client can pay using their PayPal funds or a nominated bank account or credit card of their choice.
3. Payment Failure
- The client understands that if payment is not made in full, products will not be shipped to their nominated address or be made available for collection.
- Clients may cancel an order by emailing or calling us to request a cancellation.
- Cancellation can only occur before an order is shipped.
- Cancellation fees may apply.
- If you believe that a fee has been charged incorrectly, we request you to bring this to the attention of Floors Direct Australia immediately.
- Should a payment have been made incorrectly, this will be refunded within 3 business days or applied to a future transaction at your discretion.
- If you are unhappy with any dispute outcome, we recommend that you contact your financial institution to investigate the matter further.
- We offer free delivery within the Perth metropolitan area for orders only when we are also installing your floor.
- Delivery to remote, rural or outside the Perth metropolitan area may incur a surcharge.
- Our delivery drivers will unload and place your products in a safe location on your property.
- Surcharges may apply for delivery to apartments, upper floors or difficult to reach locations.
7. Refund Eligibility
- Full Refund: Refunds are only offered if the product is found to be faulty.
- Change of Mind: No refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind.
8. Refund Claim Application
- If you are not satisfied with any of our services or products, we encourage you to contact us before filing for a refund. We will do our utmost to solve any issues or concerns surrounding your order.
- If you're eligible for a refund and would like to proceed with the refund process, please emailing us.
- When contacting us please provide as much information so we can assist in quickly resolving your case.
9. Refund Processing
- If we decide to issue you a refund after studying your claim, we'll calculate the refund amount and contact you within 5 business days to organise suitable payment for the refund.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO OUR PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY
- Floors Direct Australia reserves the right, at any time, to modify these terms to reflect changes in our payment and refund policy.
- We shall post any such changes on this page and notify all existing clients of changes to this policy.
- Clients can choose whether they wish to accept said changes or discontinue purchasing our services or products.
- Any such modification will be effective 7 days after publishing on the website.
Last Updated: 1 December 2020
Our website, like many others, stores and retrieves information on your browser using cookies. This page explains what cookies are and how we use them on our website.
We do not participate in the disclosure or resale of customer data. No invasive tracking or targeted advertising happens on this website. We only engage in the collection of data essential to facilitate in providing products or services to you, in a safe and efficient manner.
This policy is updated from time to time, the latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
You can decide to withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the cookies on your computer (or mobile device) using the settings and configuration of your Internet browser.
DATA WE MAY GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our business, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things that may be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that our website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Generally, it contains certain information that is not personally identifiable to you, but is used to improve and personalise your web experience.
For example, a cookie can include the date and time of visits to the website, the pages viewed and the time spent on the website.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- To check if are you are signed in to our website and if you have used our site before.
- Record information about your preferences regarding our website.
- If you return to our website, we may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/TLS) protocols, which encrypts any information you input.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work securely, as you'd expect.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do).
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass data to advertising networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
If you close the banner and it reappears the next time you visit us, you most likely have cookies disabled. We use a persistent cookie to remember that you closed the banner, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for contact purposes, you can change your mind easily by contacting us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU GDPR 2018 legislation.
You can learn more about cookies here.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
To maintain the safety of your personal information we use and implement a variety of security measures when a user submits information or accesses information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of other websites outside our domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy, please read any other website’s data protection and privacy policies.